Our clients are a busy law firm based in central London seeking to appoint a highly experienced Administration Assistant to provide all-round administrative and secretarial support. Suitable candidates must have experience undertaking administrative duties within an office setting, ideally in a law firm, with solid IT and client service skills.
This is an office and home-based role.
This role is not suitable for LPC graduates (or others) seeking trainee solicitor opportunities.
- File creation;
- File compliance including client onboarding, AML, GDPR compliance
- File closure and archiving
- Assisting with compliance processes and procedures, including file scanning, shredding and record maintenance.
- Administrative tasks – setting up meetings, call handling, billing, receiving and sending post, filling up photocopier, ensuring conference rooms are clean, fresh and tidy;
- Drafting and proof reading - attendance notes, taking notes at court, proof reading documents, simple email/letter writing;
- Creation and delivery of court bundles
- Answer telephone calls politely and professionally. Record and communicate telephone messages.
- Photocopying, printing, faxing, and filing as needed.
- Meet and Greet or Screen: employees, clients, or salesmen/vendors to determine their needs and control interruptions.
- Provide hospitality where required/requested: tea, coffee, biscuits, refreshments, etc.
- Handle own and line manager’s/team’s e-mail correspondence.
- Manage Calendars/Diary Management: set/cancel appointments, send meeting reminders, booking travel arrangements
- Maintain and compile records, spreadsheets and presentations using various IT programs and software;
- Process and proofread documents: Work with Microsoft Word or other software, typing and sending emails, letters or documents.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for meetings. Setting up conference calls. Typing up meeting notes.
- Creating mailers/promotional items
- Typing up letters, emails, documents and other paperwork
- Sort, frank, distribute and send in-coming and out-going post.
- Arrange couriers where required.
- Records or contact list management and data entry.
- Assist with research.
- File archive administration
- Assist with event planning where requested: office parties, team building events, holiday party or dinners / events for co- workers/clients/contacts and others
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Assist other fee earners/departments/members of staff where necessary as authorised by line manager and/or partner
- Any other task that will improve overall efficiency and administrative functions within the business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an admin support role dealing with clients/3rd parties
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to prioritise own workload and excellent time management skills
- Strong working experience of MS Office
- Ability to use IT systems, and learn new IT skills as required
- Confident telephone manner
- Friendly team player
- Positive, pro-active “can-do” mature attitude
- Assertive with the ability to ‘think on your feet’
- Client facing experience and an understanding of what this requires
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality
- A-Level qualifications, or equivalent at grades C or above
- Law firm administration experience
- Legal compliance experience
This is a full-time position with an immediate start. Working hours are 9.30am to 6.00pm Monday-Friday under a hybrid working arrangement where 3 days will be office based and 2 days from home.
The position will be offered subject to referencing. Salary £24,000 p/a.