Commercial Property Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Property Paralegal / Legal Assistant / Secretary to work with a highly regarded firm assisting Solicitors with their requirements and caseload of Commercial Property transactions. Previous experience in Commercial Property work would be preferred but sufficient residential property experience will also be considered.
- Assist with sale, purchase and remortgage matters;
- Ordering documents from the HM Land Registry and requesting title papers from lenders where applicable;
- Preparing sale contract papers;
- Ordering searches on purchase matters;
- Requesting funds from clients and their lenders
- Assisting in the completion of matters
- Completing Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns and Land Registry applications;
- Scheduling of Deeds
- Answer the telephone or meet clients who call into the office without an appointment on behalf of the Lawyer, answering queries and taking messages where appropriate and making appropriate file notes
- Providing updates to and responding to enquiries from clients and agents, brokers, lenders and other parties’ representatives.
- Opening and closing client files in accordance with standard procedures including performing on-line money laundering checks
- Maintain diary and make appointments
- Organise internal and external meetings including meeting room bookings and if appropriate organising refreshments.
- Manage outgoing post and emails as required.
- Maintaining internal and client files to ensure they are up-to-date at all times.
- Collate work received from the outsourcing company including arranging necessary enclosures so that it is ready to send out
You will need:
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills – 50 wpm minimum
- Good grasp of grammar and spelling
- Computer Literacy in relevant software packages
- Ability to multi-task, organise, prioritise and plan
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and with a demanding work load
- Confident with the ability to interface and develop relationships with a variety of people.
- Organisation skills including the ability to prioritise work
- Ability to follow instructions given
- Good time keeping
- Professional appearance