To provide first class support to a very busy Residential Conveyancing Team. The main duties of this role will be to provide an efficient and well organised administration service to new clients by opening and closing files and the production of standard letters and documents as directed. Some experience of working in a conveyancing department of a law firm would be useful but not essential as full training will be given.
The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills; An energetic, enthusiastic, pro-active, problem-solving individual; Great attention to detail; Must be comfortable using the phone, be able to maintain a professional and customer service attitude particularly when dealing with clients or agents. Must be a fast learner and be able to adapt to new computer systems.
- On a daily basis liaise with fee-earner as to required tasks, deal with queries, agree actions.
- Deliver practical services of outstanding quality that are focused on the Client’s needs.
- Support with file openings and client onboarding.
- Assisting with initial administration of setting up new conveyancing instructions
- Assisting with telephone calls and queries and updating estate agents
- General admin duties including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, printing, scanning and photocopying
- Assisting with correspondence and documents relating to exchange of contracts
- Assisting with the registration process of property transactions
- Support with file closing and archiving.
- Providing ad hoc support to the team when needed
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by fee-earner/team leader/Head of Department
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and maintain high levels of accuracy
- Assertive, calm, friendly and a good team player
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Advanced ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Resilient and adaptable to change
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient with IT systems and programmes i.e. MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent