Debt Recovery Paralegal
Good opportunity for an experienced debt recovery paralegal looking to expand their knowledge and progress their career. This role will be office based in our Bromley office.
The role will predominantly involve handling a portfolio of debt recovery claims from the point of instruction through to settlement so a good understanding of the debt recovery process is essential for this role together with a good knowledge of applicable case law and the relevant civil procedure rules. We are keen to recruit a debt recovery handler with experience in enforcement particularly winding up and bankruptcy petitions.
The ideal candidate will have gained experience working for debt recovery organisation or similar and have the following skills:
- Minimum of one year’s debt recovery experience
- Good working knowledge of the enforcement procedure including winding up and bankruptcy petitions
- Litigation experience is desired but not essential
- Experience of the Money Claims Online system is preferred, but not essential
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to work well under the sometime pressurised environment
- Work well as part of a team and expected to cover for colleagues in their absence
- Good communication skills across all levels