Legal Administrator - Conveyancing
The successful candidate will undertake several routine and non-routine administration duties within a busy Residential Property Department. You will also take on some client care work in support of partners and fee-earners within a busy fast paced legal practice. This is an exciting opportunity for a well organised, reliable person who is looking for a long-term role as an administrator.
On offer is a competitive salary in a firm with a progressive and proactive approach to on-going learning and a friendly, professional working environment. We are flexible to candidates with remote working requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include
- File opening/closures – prepare anti money laundering documentation, set up paper files, check ledger balances, process client documents
- Handling caller and client enquiries
- Billing – preparing invoices and liaising with accounts team
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing agendas
- Requesting and tracking progress of searches with online providers
- Printing, scanning, copying and filing client documents, correspondence and emails
- Completing SDLT returns in draft for approval by fee earners
- Drafting letters, documents, emails, statements, etc
- Dealing with pre- and post-completion requirements
- Scheduling and checking of deeds and documentation
- Completing legal forms and obtaining copy documents from the Land Registry, Local Authorities, etc.
- Liaising with clients and other interested parties as requested by fee earners
- Conducting legal research
- 5 years experience as a Legal Administrator within a conveyancing department
- Client-facing experience
- Excellent time management with ability to organise and prioritise work
- Focused on accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to proof-read
- Legal research skills
- Ability to work seamlessly under pressure in a busy deadline driven setting
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and people skills.
- Sound IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft applications