Private Client Lawyer NQ-4
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Private Client Lawyer / Associate with a proven track record to join a respected and highly successful firm, ranked in the Legal 500.
This is a varied role with a modern, independent law firm, dealing with all aspects of Private Client matters, including Wills, Tax Planning, Trusts, Probate, OPG and Court of Protection work.
The role encompasses the Administration of Estates, high value and/or complex estates, often involving international aspects, estate planning including drafting Wills and Trusts; preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney; Preparing Inheritance Tax forms and applying the appropriate IHT Reliefs, applications for the Grant of Representation and all aspects of post-grant administration;
You will need:
- A range of experience. In particular, administration of a broad range of estates from the straightforward to complex estates with international aspects;
- A good level of tax knowledge necessary for administration of estates, tax efficient Will drafting and related issues;
- Experience of advising UK domiciled clients on various aspects of estates planning;
- Strong intellectual and analytical abilities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of drafting and technical research;
- Ability to take direction from senior members of the team, with an enthusiasm to develop;
- Good commercial understanding and ability to apply legal principles to client circumstances in a commercially aware manner;
- Effective management of client expectations and high levels of client service;
- Good organisational skills, record keeping and file management;
- An organised and accurate approach to work.