RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PARALEGAL
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years conveyancing experience to apply.
To assist fee earners in progress post-exchange and post-completion work and with the profitable management of their caseload while practicing the highest codes of professional conduct and customer service. The Legal Assistant is expected to use a high degree of organisational skills, self-management and initiative.
- To carry out daily file opening and file administration as appropriate, including adhering to the firm’s detailed procedures contained in the firm’s manuals and policies.
- To progress post-exchange and post-completion work and files, including but not limited to liaising with the fee-earners and firm’s accounts team to prepare for completions, and the subsequent registration of dispositions at Land Registry and Companies House as appropriate
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date computerised diary for the fee-earners
- To attend Clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for Client care.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Undertaking Office Management duties, including the ordering of stationery and ensuring stocks are kept at an appropriate level.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of the Firm’s and Client’s documentation and information.
- Comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
- To undertake legal research in areas of work undertaken by the Firm, or as directed
- To attend all departmental meetings relating to the appropriate training seat(s) in which you are based
- Maintain clear and precise communications with other personnel of the Firm.
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary support staff when required to do so.
- Any other duties which may be required of you.