- Job Title: Public Law Lawyer
- Contract Length: 11 Months
- Location: London
- Security Clearance: BPSS Standard
- IR35: Inside IR35
Qualified solicitor/barrister with experience in:
- Dealing with public law
- Strong litigation
- Conduct of a complex Planning and/or Public Law litigation caseload.
- Complying with tight Court and client deadlines.
- Attending Court hearings with Counsel including in the Regional Courts.
- Drafting detailed advice on legal merits, risks and litigation strategy.
- Drafting detailed instructions to Counsel.
- Assisting colleagues with their caseloads when necessary.
- Assisting with the team’s knowledge management/sharing objectives and providing input into client legal awareness projects.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Achieving personal chargeable hours targets.
- Making appropriate use of GLD’s case management system (‘CMS’) and complying with Lexcel requirements,
- Ideally previous experience dealing with [Planning] and/or [Public law] litigation cases.
- Previous experience within the public sector or government department and insight into the interrelationship between law and politics are desirable, but not essential.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise own work.
- Able to manage a busy and complex caseload.
- Build and maintain good working relationships.
- Previous experience dealing with Public law cases
- Able to build good working relationships
- Previous experience working within the Public Sector/ Government
- PQE or equivalent experience
- Works well under pressure
- Experience of managing a busy and complex caseload
- Sound judgement and analytical skills