Respected firm are looking for an experienced Trust Manager for a key role looking after an interesting and varied portfolio that includes charitable trusts.
- Responsible for an interesting and varied portfolio of UK resident and charitable trusts, including ensuring key deadlines for annual accounts and tax compliance are met
- Reviewing work prepared by members of the team, input into their training and mentoring
- Assisting with advisory work and ad-hoc matters, including high level taxation and general advice regarding Inheritance Tax
- Liaising with tax, accounts and financial planning teams, as appropriate, to ensure a joined-up approach
- Monitoring budgets, own chargeability and raising fee notes
- Experience of charitable trusts, probate work and estate accounts advantageous but not essential, with an opportunity for development in those areas!
- Legal Executive, CTA or STEP qualified – or a desire to work toward a STEP qualification
Particular aptitudes / skills required
- A strong understanding of trusts
- Good communication, organisational and team skills
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Motivated and resilient with a positive outlook
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect, and trust with others